If you’ve just had a facelift or are about to undergo a procedure, you’ll want the best advice on how to care for the new you. Why is a new skin care routine so important? Because you’ll want to maintain and preserve those results as best you can!
As with many cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures, maintaining your new appearance can mean some new lifestyle adjustments – but all are doable – and most are good for your overall health and wellbeing – tick, tick, tick!
So, here are just a few expert tips and tricks to care for your skin:
- Stay hydrated – drinking plenty of water keeps your cells healthy at a deep cellular level.
- Stay out of the sun (even winter rays damage) – hat, sunblock and shade!
- Tune into injectable treatments – Botox and dermal fillers maintain volume and minimise deep furrows. These appearance medicine treatments have also been shown to delay the need for plastic surgery later in life because those deeper wrinkles and furrows have received push backs. And, there’s even the possibility of improved elasticity. Why? Well according to researchers at the University of Toronto, Botox studies have been shown to improve the elasticity and pliability of skin for up to four months, and improve skin strength.
- Lock in chemical peel treatments – By applying a solution of alpha-hydroxy acid to the outer most layer of the skin,you ‘peel’ away the old and allow healthy new skin to shine through. A peel also assists with fighting those light wrinkles and fine lines, reducing skin discolouration, freckles and even age spots.
- Reach for the BEST topical skincare – like our intensively hydrating,antioxidant-rich IS Clinical skincare range – including IS Moisturising Complex which is formulated with powerful botanicals, natural vitamins, hyaluronic acid, potent antioxidants, and essential bio nutrients. All synergistically support a moisturising, protective barrier against environmental aggressors and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
You shouldn’t have to navigate a landmine of information to receive the best advice and treatment options for your skin – face and body. Speak to our skin, cosmetic and plastic surgery experts.